Dear Bean Bag readers,
The Bean Bag started in 1974 on the initiative of Charles (Bob) Gunn and Richard Cowan and the first printed issue was distributed 46 years ago in May 1975. The aim of the annual newsletter is to keep legume researchers informed about new publications, events and projects focused on the systematics of the family Leguminosae.
We are now seeking contributions for the upcoming Issue no. 69 (Year 2022) of The Bean Bag, including:
Legume photos (*.jpg format, high resolution, with description, full scientific name, and photographer attribution), specifically:
- A cover photo of subfamily Caesalpinioideae
- General photos for use throughout the newsletter
- Legume art or artists (scientific or otherwise)
Announcements (1-2 pages, with photos)
- News items, announcements, community requests, etc.
Articles (2-4 pages, with photos)
- Summaries of conferences and meetings
- Commentaries on recent publications
- Community discussion pieces (e.g., collaborations, obituaries)
- Please note that full scientific studies or abstracts are not accepted
Bibliography Spotlight(s) (2 pages, with photos)
- Self-nominated, a brief write up of the significance of your findings
- List of your publications from 2022 (especially if Leguminosae/Fabaceae is absent from the keywords/title)
Deadline for submissions: DECEMBER 10th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Colin Hughes, Warren Cardinal-McTeague, Leonardo Borges
Co-Editors, The Bean Bag