Dear Bean Bag readers, The Bean Bag started in 1974 on the initiative of Charles (Bob) Gunn and Richard Cowan and the first printed issue was distributed 46 years ago in May 1975. The aim of the annual newsletter is to keep legume researchers informed about new publications, events and projects focused on the systematics of the family Leguminosae.
We are now seeking contributions for the 2021 issue (Nr. 68) of Bean Bag. We welcome a wide range of contributions such as:
- news items, announcements, community requests
- summaries of conferences and meetings
- details of legume papers and other publications from 2021 (including new species, combinations/classifications)
- commentaries on recent legume papers
- photos, artwork, and artists working on legumes (scientific, cultural, or otherwise)
- any other short text that you think could be relevant for the Bean Bag readership
Please also share your best 2021 images illustrating legume species, including legumes featuring on journal covers, by sending your image (.jpg format, high-resolution) along with a description of the image including the scientific name of the portrayed plant (full credit will be given to photographers). We are also keen to receive botanical drawings and paintings of legumes from 2021 for the annual Bean Bag artist spotlight. Please note that full scientific studies or abstracts are not accepted. Deadline for submissions: JANUARY 15, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Colin Hughes & Warren Cardinal-McTeague Editors